Successful people visualize themselves as empowered. They have discovered the formula for greatness, consciously and unconsciously. They believe in their own worth. They see themselves as living the life they were born to live before it occurs.
Do you visualize yourself as a success? Did you know that you can accomplish anything if you envision it and then follow through? If you think it, you can manifest it. If you want it, you must feed the thoughts.
Are there things in your life that you would like to accomplish or achieve, yet you have self doubt? Do you have difficulty believing in yourself? Know that you have every asset you need to make your dreams a reality. This world wants you to be happy, self-fulfilled, and creating prosperity for yourself and others.
In this column, we will be addressing the needed mental attitude.
If I told you that you were absolutely capable of doing anything that you put your mind to…would the voice of self-doubt speak louder? Here’s a plan to quiet that voice.
Find a secluded place and write down 50 of your lifetime dreams. Do it as fast as you can and ignore any self-doubt. Did you imagine becoming a billionaire or owning a football team or acting on Broadway. Maybe you envisioned owning a company, flying a plane, traveling around the world, or going to college.
As you quietly listen to your dreams, train yourself to do the following:
• WRITE IT. Write how you will play out your success— in all of its detail. Would there be board meetings to attend, a church mission to pursue, a stage where you would perform, a book signing? Write anywhere from three paragraphs to 30 pages detailing your vision.
• SEE IT. Visualize it. Close your eyes and spend one- to three minutes envisioning where you would be, what you would be doing, and who would be with you. Access at least three out of the five senses and imagine how it would feel, what it would look like, how it would sound, and even perhaps what success would taste or smell like.
• SAY IT. Pick an affirmation for yourself and say it 30 times throughout your day. It can be simple as, “I was born for greatness”; “I will change the world in positive ways”; “I will make a difference in the lives of children”; “I will run a successful company” or “I will make more money than I can spend”.
• BELIEVE IT. Know that you’re using your mind to create your reality. Your mind is the foundation for the dream. Faith in yourself is an essential element to create your dream.
• ACHIEVE IT. Take small steps to actualize your goals and create a schedule where you 1 to 3 things a days to work on the things you want to achieve
You need to feed yourself with positive thoughts, primarily because of the way you were socialized as a child. Your self-esteem took a hit as people started to expect you to confirm to the norm. Unfortunately, many children heard the word “no” more than they heard the word “yes”. Often, we are molded into the safer expectations in life. Parents want the best for their kids so they try to steer them toward what is safe. “You were not born to play it safe. You were born for greatness!” Feeding your mind powerful thoughts is a tool that activates your potential. You can accomplish anything, one thought at a time.